According to Dr. Yarber of the Kinsey Institute:
"Sandy Caron’s book, Sex Lives of College Students: Three Decades of Attitudes and Behaviors, is a MUST read for anyone who teaches college human sexuality classes or provides sexual health services to college students. This unique and amazing 30-year snapshot of sexuality-related attitudes and behaviors of nearly 5000 college students at one university shows important trends that can inform the development of more relevant sexuality education and services and the discussion of sexuality and cultural changes. Conveying the findings to students can provoke not only discussion of sexuality issues dominant to college students from yesterday to today but also can lead to students being reflective about their own sexuality. Certainly I will share the findings with my human sexuality students. I applaud and thank Dr. Caron for her foresight and perseverance in conducting this valuable annual survey for the past 30 years. I hope Dr. Caron continues this study and to all early-career sexuality educators, I challenge you to begin your own annual survey—believe me, before you know it you will have several decades of trend data that also will be valuable to human sexuality students and professionals."
William L. Yarber
Professor of Applied Health Science
Senior Research Fellow, The Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction
Indiana University, Bloomington
Co-author (with Barbara Sayad) of the widely used college textbook, Human Sexuality: Diversity in Contemporary America, 10th edition, 2019, McGraw-Hill.
- Happy Hump Day! Pubic hair removal is the new norm among today’s college men and women. Whether it is due to the r… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- The Study found since the 1990s, faking orgasm has increased from just over a third of college students reporting h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- The study found the number of students using the Pill, condoms, and IUD increased over the past three decades. Pill… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- The association and schools continue to battle lawsuits and media scrutiny of their handling of sexual misconduct. r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001hE… 2 years ago
- More than 85 percent of people with genital herpes find it difficult to have a conversation about it, according to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago